DotAsia, the not-for-profit organisation that has been delegated the responsibility for operating the .Asia top-level domain registry, will open its first sunrise registration period on October 9, 2007 for governmental reserved names, and registered trademarks and service marks:
- Governments or relevant bodies may â€œactivateâ€ (i.e. register) domains from the Reserved Names list compiled in Pre-Sunrise.
- Marks must be applied for before March 16, 2004 (SR2a Cut-Off Date)
- Marks must be issued and valid upon domain registration application
- Applicant must have demonstrable usage of Mark (in the class if applicable) registered
Registrant must be owner, co-owner or assignee of Mark
- Documentary evidence is not mandatorily required, but required upon request